Jallikattu, otherwise called Eru thazhuvuthal or Sallikkattu or Manju virattu, is a bull subduing occasion normally rehearsed in Tamil Nadu as a piece of Pongal festivities on Mattu Pongal day. Amid Jallikattu, a running bull is discharged into a horde of individuals. Members endeavor to get the bull’s protuberance and ride it for whatever length of time that conceivable, endeavoring to convey the bull to a stop.
The Supreme Court had prohibited Jallikattu in 2014, saying bulls couldn’t be utilized as performing creatures, either for Jallikattu or for bullock-truck races. Creature activists, Federation of India Animal Protection Agencies and PETA India have challenged the practice since 2004. The Animal Welfare Board of India recorded a case in the Supreme Court of India for an out and out restriction on Jallikattu in light of the remorselessness to creatures and the risk to open wellbeing included.
Also check: Pravasi kaushal vikas yojana
In January 2017, some unknown gatherings led an efficient rally at Chennai Marina contradicting the boycott of Jallikattu.
Best Tamil film performers like Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Ajith, Suriya, Dhanush and a few others likewise assembled at the South Indian Artistes’ Association (SIAA) home office in Chennai for a quiet dissent in solidarity with the young of Tamil Nadu who have been challenging for the lead of jallikattu.
Tamil Nadu boss clergyman O Panneerselvam met PM Narendra Modi on 19 January and introduced a reminder to empower the direct of jallikattu. He amplified the stay and counseled lawful specialists to make all courses of action to lift the prohibition on jallikattu. On 20 January, the CM declared that a draft statute of the state government to lift the prohibition on jallikattu had been sent to the home service and will be discharged in a day or two.
Here also shared lots of images of Jallikattu. Also we describe Jallikattu latest news and more.
Jallikattu in Tamilnadu
- Jallikattu was introduced by Health Minister C Vijayabhaskar in Pudukottai, where several youths participated. The perished were recognized as 32-year-old Mohan and Raja, 35, sources said.
- Chief Minister Panneerselvam had said “enough security courses of action were made for Jallikattu, its being composed well over the express,” the AIADMK had tweeted.
- In Allanganallur, individuals hindered the streets prompting to ‘Vaadi Vaasal’, the portal from where bulls turn out. Alanganallur, around 400 km from state capital Chennai, is the main place where Jallikattu is held as an official capacity of the administration. So holding it there would have implied that the game has formally begun in the state.
- At Chennai’s Marina shoreline, where dissents have been on 24×7 since the start of a week ago, the group have not yielded. The dissenters have said they won’t permit the Republic Day festivities at Beach Road until the Jallikattu issue is settled. The police, which had not been at the challenge site in this way, turned up today in huge numbers.
- The bull restraining sport, however, was held in Tiruchirappali region’s Manapparai, with thousands seeing the occasion. ‘Manjuvirattu’, another type of Jallikattu, was accounted for from towns in Dharmpauri locale.
- All Tamil Nadu clergymen were normal introduce Jallikattu in their locale at 11 am today. “I encourage the young people, understudies and the overall population to make Jallikattu occasions crosswise over Tamil Nadu an excellent accomplishment by taking an interest in vast numbers,” the Chief Minister had said on Saturday.
- Dismissing claims that the Jallikattu statute was a brief way out, Mr Panneerselvam has guaranteed to make the game lawful once the gathering session starts on Monday.
- On Friday, the Supreme Court consented to not convey its decision one week from now after the Center called attention to that a choice could make lawfulness issues.
- Jallikattu, which sees young fellows grappling with a bull in an open field amid the collect celebration of Pongal, was prohibited by the Supreme Court in 2014. A year ago, the Center permitted the game, however that choice has been tested in the Supreme Court.
- During Pongal a week ago, hundreds resisting the boycott to hold neighborhood rivalries were captured, setting off an enormous backfire. Understudies led the pack in arousing individuals over the state. On Marina shoreline, thousands assembled as a major aspect of a serene dissent.
What Panneerselvam Said on Jallikattu News Today
In the midst of challenges looking for a ‘perpetual arrangement’ guaranteeing holding of Jallikattu, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam, who couldn’t initiate the bull-restraining sport at the planned time at Alanganallur here, on Sunday said individuals there could sort out their preferred game at time.
Panneerselvam had on Saturday said he would introduce the occasion at Alanganallur at 10 am.
As dissidents requested a changeless answer for holding the game and raised trademarks that Ordinance was just an impermanent measure, Panneerselvam stated, the “state’s Jallikattu Ordinance course is perpetual, powerful and maintainable, will be made into a law in the coming Assembly session”.
Taking after the declaration of the mandate there is no boycott, he said.
The Chief Minister said the Ordinance will be supplanted by a law in the wake of getting a bill in the Assembly session, starting at Chennai on Monday.
Addressing columnists at Madurai, Panneerselvam stated, “The prohibition on Jallikattu has been evacuated totally, the game will be held at Alanganallur, out on the town chose by neighborhood individuals.”
He said Jallikattu was held in all parts of Tamil Nadu with the nearby organization and police taking every careful step to hold the game.
Jallikattu News 2017
Proceeding with barricades and fomentations here and Tamukkam grounds, other than neighboring Natham Kovilpatti in Dindigul, put a question mark over Panneerselvam introducing Jallikattu.
Panneerselvam, who had declared that he would initiate Jallikattu at Alanganallur, needed to remain in a lodging here after the mix there by nonconformists who requested a “lasting measure” to be set up.
Taking after that, Panneerselvam was relied upon to introduce Jallikattu at Natham Kovilpatti in Dindigul. In any case, dissents emitted there too making the interest for “lasting arrangement.” A top police official here said a gathering of men who were “prompting” the group were organizing challenges “for political reasons.”
Madurai District AIADMK wing MGR Mandram President Muthusamy faulted the DMK, and a Left-slanted ranchers body Vivasayigal Viduthalai Munnani and some ultra-Left outfits for the stalemate emerging out of the proceeding with challenges at Alanganallur. He told journalists that nonconformists did not need commonality to return.
Endeavors of previous State Minister Natham Viswanath and senior police and nearby authorities to mollify fomenters at Natham-Kovilpatti couldn’t break the ice.
Uneasiness won for some time as some unidentified people tossed water parcels, when talks were on. They likewise raised trademarks that the law was a brief measure.
Jallikattu News in Supreme Court
Suspecting test to its statute permitting bull-subduing sport jallikattu in the state, Tamil Nadu government has documented a proviso in the Supreme Court.
Tamil Nadu government’s standing insight Yogesh Kanna affirmed the improvement and said the state has encouraged the summit court that it ought to be heard on the off chance that anybody challenges the recently declared law.
“We have recorded the admonition in the Supreme Court yesterday requesting the state government to be heard in the event that anybody challenges the statute permitting jallikattu,” he said.
Tamil Nadu Governor Vidyasagar Rao had on Saturday affirmed the jallikattu law, with Chief Minister O Panneerselvam reporting that the bull restraining game will be held at Alaganallur in Madurai and different parts of the state on Sunday.
The Supreme Court had on Friday concurred not to pass a judgment for seven days on the jallikattu issue in the wake of considering the Center’s accommodation that they were in converses with Tamil Nadu to discover an exit plan in the matter.
Lawyer General Mukul Rohatgi had then said the matter before a seat containing Justices Dipak Misra and R Banumati that individuals of Tamil Nadu were “enthusiastic” about jallikattu and the Center and the state were attempting to determine the issue.
“The Center and the state are in converses with discover an exit plan in the matter and our demand is that the court ought not convey the judgment for no less than seven days,” Rohatgi told the seat.
On listening to the AG’s brief accommodation, the seat said “Alright”.
The summit court had saved its decision on 7 December 2015 on a clump of petitions testing the Center’s notice permitting the game.
Taking after this, the Center had issued a notice on 7 January 2016 lifting the prohibition on jallikattu in Tamil Nadu with specific limitations, which was tested in the pinnacle court by Animal Welfare Board of India, People for Ethical Treatment of Animals India, a Bangalore-based NGO and others.
The Supreme Court had on 21 January a year ago declined to reconsider its 2014 judgment forbidding the utilization of bulls for jallikattu occasions or bullock-truck races the nation over.
It had likewise remained the 8 January notice of the Center and addressed it over the warning permitting utilization of bulls in occasions like jallikattu, saying that its 2014 decision restricting the utilization of the creatures can’t be “invalidated”.
The court in its 2014 judgment had said that bulls can’t be utilized as performing creatures, either for jallikattu occasions or bullock-truck races in the conditions of Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra or somewhere else in the nation, and restricted their utilization the nation over.
The pinnacle court had likewise before proclaimed Tamil Nadu Regulation of Jallikattu Act, 2009 as naturally void, being violative of Article 254(1) of the Constitution.
Hope you find here latest news of Jallikattu and images for Jallikattu. Our blog also shared information on latest schemes like Telangana pension scheme and more. If any query or problem then gives your feedback through below comment box, we will as soon as possible contact you. And solve your query.